Confusion is the name of the diet game.
| Is it low or high protein? Is it no sugar and low salt? Should one count calories or carbohydrates? What does one do to attain and maintain a healthy weight? Maintaining a healthy weight is a part of good health; which should be a primary concern. |
We believe that moderation of ALL foods promotes good health through well-balanced eating. Well-balanced eating is a part of a healthy living lifestyle, and eating rice fits into a healthy lifestyle.
What is well-balanced eating?
Daily exercise is also an important part of weight control. Well-balanced eating creates energy which fuels exercise.
- Eating a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Eating a variety of grain products, including RICE.
- Including fat-free or low fat milk products, beans, lean poultry and meats.
- Limiting intake of foods high in calories or low in nutrition (candy, cookies, etc.).
- Eating less than 2000 calories daily.
- Eating less than 2,400 mg. of sodium daily (a teaspoon of salt contains 2,300 mg.).
- Eating at least 25 grams of fiber daily (brown rice is a fiber source).
- Eating smaller portions of food.